The Final of Carson's Week in Review

 Howdy readers!

    As noted in the title, this will be the final installment of the "Carson's Week in Review" series, at least for now, as I will be graduating college in just over a week! This series has been a blast to write and I am glad I have been able to share my experiences with those of you who have hung around and kept up with the series. This last week has been a rollercoaster of emotion as we played our final regular season lacrosse game and our conference playoff games. I also have had two final exams and am just one step away from graduation now!

    So let's talk about lacrosse! Wednesday of last week I played in my final regular season lacrosse game of my career, playing at Baldwin Wallace in Cleveland. The game started as good as we could have hoped for with a two goal lead after the first quarter and a one goal lead at halftime! Unfortunately, our offense slowed down in the second half and we lost the lead in the third and were never able to recover it, unfortunately we ended up losing 6-9. It was a tough loss, but we still had our main goal in front of us as our next opportunity to play was the first round of the OAC playoffs. Saturday came we hosted the first round matchup against Mount Union, a team we beat 11-2 back in March. The energy for the game was incredible and we were able to produce a similar result this time, dominating the whole game, winning 15-6 this time. This victory meant we were moving onto the semi-finals of the tournament, traveling back to Cleveland to play John Carroll University this time. Unfortunately, this game would prove to be the final game of my college lacrosse career and there is not much I want to write about this one. This game was obviously extremely emotional for me and the other seniors as we weren't able to keep this one close and unfortunately it was pretty clear we weren't going to win this one by the start of the fourth quarter and we had to try and keep it together for the final 15 minutes of our careers. John Carroll was simply the better team that night, and in a game that I truly believed we could win, we did not perform to our standards and lost 15-4.

    I am extremely grateful for my opportunity to have been a part of this team over the last 4 years and looking back on my career there is nothing I would have changed. This team has meant the world to me and helped shape me into the man I am today in all aspects of my life. I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone from Coach Saint and the coaching staff to each of my teammates, present and former, for everything they have done to make this experience nothing short of amazing. 

    Thank you guys for reading the blogs and following along with me as I have experienced my final semester of college! Maybe you'll see another blog from me sometime in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Brand Worksheet

Mimic Social

Carson's Week in Review: Week 13