Carson's Week in Review: Week 5

 Howdy everyone!

    This past week was fairly tame when looking back at the rest of the semester. I started the week with classes and a day off of lacrosse practice on Monday and the majority of my week went the same, with the addition of practice each afternoon. However, on Wednesday we had a financial advisor, Chris Daris, come in and speak to my portfolio management class. This was exciting because he is in the field that I hope to be joining in a few months time, and he offered great insight on what he has done throughout his career to reach the level of success he currently has. He spoke more specifically about how he manages the money that his clients have entrusted him with and how he looks for opportunities each day to best help his large book of clients. What was most interesting to me, however, was how he started this career and built up a client book from nothing. He spoke about how he was in the banking industry, which was great, but he wanted to have a greater impact on the lives of the people he worked with and felt that he couldn't do that within the limitations he felt working for a bank. He brought some of his clients from the bank with him and began his own business by grinding every day to meet new people and through being genuine with his clients. Through this, his clients could feel that Chris truly wanted to help them and he quickly began to build up referrals from his clients. My biggest takeaway was to be true to yourself and work genuinely in the best interest of your clients and the rest will fall into place, it may take some time, but it will work out as long as you continue to follow those ideals.

    Of course that wasn't all that happened this week! I would probably be in some trouble if I didn't talk about Valentine's Day! Because of our busy schedules, and maybe the Super Bowl, my girlfriend and I decided to have Valentine's dinner on Saturday. We had dinner reservations at The Met in Lima for 7:30pm and for the sake of time, let's just say it delivered! The food was incredible, the restaurant looked great and we really enjoyed ourselves. I would highly recommend it to any of you who have not had the chance to try it out before. If you do find yourself making a trip to The Met, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Loaded Tavern Burger, it was incredible!

    Thanks for checking in again for this week's retelling of last week's events!

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed dinner at the Met that night. The food was so good and I think we should go again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Brand Worksheet

Mimic Social

Carson's Week in Review: Week 13